Triad Math and Science Academy (TMSA) is seeking an outstanding leader to serve as the director of its Central Office. TMSA is a public charter school that was opened in 2008 in Greensboro, NC, which expanded into two other successful charter schools in Cary, NC and Charlotte, NC which are closely following its mission and educational program. TMSA Central Office provides certain back office functions such as educational and leadership support, human resources, financial administration, facility services, and educational, governance and financial compliance oversight. Central Office supports four principals and 260 faculty/staff members, serves around 2600 K-12 students in four buildings, and works closely with the Board to oversee and support day-to-day activities of the schools to comply with federal and state regulations, and board policies.
Successful candidate must possess the knowledge and experience in educational leadership, curriculum and instruction, administration and organization of short-term and long-term strategic planning, budgeting, basic accounting principles, personnel and facility management, strong communication and effective team-building skills. A medium amount of travel will be required between the different school campuses. Compensation will be commensurate with education, experience, and available budget.
Responsibilities for the Central Office and its Director include, but not limited to:
• Provide educational, instructional, and exceptional children support
• Support accounting, audit, payroll, purchasing, budget management, and reporting services
• Provide human resources services to schools
• Oversee teacher licensure and beginning teacher support program in schools
• Organize and support board meetings
• Write draft Board policies as needed
• Record keeping for the schools, central office and the Board
• Maintain retirement and health insurance benefits programs
• Hold quarterly investor calls
• Provide facility and expansion services
• Charter renewal and new charter application support
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
B.A./B.S. and M.S./Ph.D. degrees in Education, Business Administration, Organizational Management, or related discipline is required. Possessing school administrator license is a plus.
Minimum 5 years of charter school administration experience is required. Having at least 3 years of charter school teaching experience is a plus. Priority will be given to candidates who most closely possess the knowledge, experience and skills that were outlined in the job description.
Interested applicants should apply by sending a
2- Cover letter explaining in detail how his/her qualifications and experience match the job requirements, schools’ vision and educational purpose as a PDF attachment
The documents should be sent to the email address: HR@tmsapcs.org